Designed and built by Brady Cox at the University of Texas at Austin.
- one 3-component (3D) Micro-Electrical Mechanical Systems (MEMS) accelerometer
- one miniature pore water pressure transducer (PPT) protected by a porous bronze filter
- cylindrical, acrylic case with a conical tip
- aluminum top piece that protects it from the heavy, steel push rods and keeps it oriented during installation
- six-pairs of individually twisted and shielded conductors for power and data transmission
- polyurethane cable jacket is flexible, waterproof, and extremely tough
- integrated extraction hook for post-experiment sensor retrieval